October meeting - call for short talks...

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 28 17:56:59 UTC 2009

On 8/27/09, David J Patrick <djp-tnsZcVQxgqO2dHQpreyxbg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Colin McGregor wrote:
>>
>> So, we are looking for 4+ short (say 15 to 20 minute) talks that can
>> round out the evening. Got some small Linux related project that
>> hasn't received the attention it deserves, well October 13th will be
>> the perfect time to show it off...
> How about a show-and-tell of my emerging all-CLI
> task/document/accounting application use ?

This sounds good.

> vimoutliner (and vim, of course)
>    using otl2aft.awk (not yet available in stores) + aft + pdflatex for
> print
> taskwarrior.org for tasks
> ledger-cli for accounting
> git for version control (accounting audit sanity) and distributed data
> (which I should have figured out by then)
> ?
> djp

Also, the Toronto Area Security Klatch people will also be doing an
evening of short talks in September. I have offered to do a short talk
on Damn Vulnerable Linux, a Linux distribution/training tool, were
everything from a security viewpoint has been done badly...

So, I will plan to do a variation look at Damn Vulnerable Linux at the
October GTALUG meeting...

Colin.