unhappy hacking keyboardless

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 28 03:45:51 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 05:51:37PM -0400, David J Patrick wrote:
> >Apparently Linux Central in Michigan sells HH keyboards and is in our
> >timezone and close to our latitude (same latitude as London or
> >Sarnia).  Too bad about the border.
> >http://www.linuxcentral.com/catalog/?s_prod_name=happy+hacking&set_join=and&cat=search
>
> oh, yeah, fantastic ! good price too. too bad
>
>     There are problems with the data you have submitted
>     Please go back and check the following areas
>
>        1. Sorry we can not export Happy Hacking Keyboard products
>           outside of the United States Please remove that item from
> your order

Stay away from Linux Central!

I bought 3 HH keyboards from Linux Central.  No problem with the
keyboards.  But, don't get their "Happy Hacking Gel Wrist Rest".  It's
not a gel at all.  It's cheap foam glued onto pressed wood, and wrapped
in cheap vinyl.  They refused refund, because I removed shrink-wrap, and
hence making it opened and unsellable product.  After many emails and
phones, I got a partial refund, minus 15% restocking fee.

After this incident, I don't want anything to do with them, and I
certainly will not recommend Linux Central.

You can have my HH keyboard.  Can you spare few bagful of coffee beans?

For anyone else looking for a keyboard, I recommend Razer Arctosa or
Razer Lycosa Mirror Edition (one without rubber coating).  I got one at
work and at home.  Lycosa is better of the two, but it's more expensive.

--
William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>