unhappy hacking keyboardless

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 27 21:57:55 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 5:51 PM, David J Patrick<djp-tnsZcVQxgqO2dHQpreyxbg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I should hack my 1988 TRS80 Model100 into a serial keyboard, it still
> clicken and clacking great.

Yeah, that was a pretty neat keyboard.  I had one of those during my
undergrad days; pretty good for notes.  Rather less powerful than
today's Netbooks :-).

The one real curiosity of the Model 100 is that it is evidently the
last product where Mr Gates actually wrote code (8085 assembler, if I
do not misremember) for it.  He may be an unloved character, but it's
very interesting to note that it is explicitly One of His.  I heard
him comment this in person, but the Wikipedia also documents this.
Charles de Gaulle  - "The better I get to know men, the more I find
myself loving dogs." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/c/charles_de_gaulle.html