OT: Old Television Books

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Aug 15 23:45:06 UTC 2009

D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> We still use a Commodore filing cabinet.  Yes, the same company.

Can you still get software for it?  ;-)
> When I got rid of an Amiga 2000, I contacted TPUG (lexographically close
> to TLUG) and they were happy to find a home for it.
>
> I imagine that they might be a good organization through which to outplace
> old Commodore artifacts.
>
> I was mostly on the other side of the divide: we have an Atari 800xl and
> several Atari STs.  Atari and Amiga owners seemed to feel that there was a
> conflict.

Back in those days, I had an IMSAI 8080, which was a better built clone
of the Altair 8800

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMSAI_8080
http://oldcomputers.net/imsai8080.html

You'll notice the red & blue switches on the front panel.  These here
are set up for someone who liked to work in hex.  On mine, I set them up
for octal, because the Intel 8080 instruction set opcodes were easily
remembered if you worked in octal.  Not so in hex.