OT: Old Television Books

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Aug 15 22:52:29 UTC 2009

| From: James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org>
|
| Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
| >    I've been thinking of getting rid of boxes of books that have
| >    nothing more than nostalgia value, mostly C=64 and Amiga stuff. If
| >    anyone's interested, I'll put together a list and post it here.
| >

| Ah yes, the Commie 64.  I remember when they were the thing to have.  I
| have never owned any Commodore computers, but I modified a couple of VIC
| 20s to increase the memory from 5K to 8K.

We still use a Commodore filing cabinet.  Yes, the same company.

When I got rid of an Amiga 2000, I contacted TPUG (lexographically close
to TLUG) and they were happy to find a home for it.

I imagine that they might be a good organization through which to outplace
old Commodore artifacts.

I was mostly on the other side of the divide: we have an Atari 800xl and
several Atari STs.  Atari and Amiga owners seemed to feel that there was a
conflict.