old hardware in GRA

Viktor Pavlenko vvp-iRg7kjdsKiH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Sat Apr 18 15:26:33 UTC 2009

    DHR> I cannot tell for sure, but a little googling leads me to
    DHR> suspect that it is just a common garden variety 200W AT
    DHR> switching power supply.

    DHR> There might be several version of AT power connectors so take
    DHR> your old supply (or even better: your whole old computer) to
    DHR> the store to get the right fit.

    DHR> Does the description in this page look familiar?
    DHR>   http://www.pcguide.com/ref/power/sup/parts_Motherboard.htm

    DHR> Is one connector labelled P8 and the other P9?

Yes, that's the one. Thanks for your advice.

    DHR> Don't hook the connectors up backwards!

I'll try not to :) This is my first PC that I assembled myself back in
1997, her name was Mriya (Dream), she has Pentium 200 CPU (original one
was Pentium 75) and serial mouse. I used the box as firewall couple of
years ago, but then bought a wireless router, she got offended and
died... looks like the power supply is the first thing to replace.

--
Viktor