old hardware in GRA

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Apr 18 14:40:38 UTC 2009

| From: Viktor Pavlenko <vvp-iRg7kjdsKiH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org>

|     p> Do you need that supply specifically or can you swap in
|     p> something else?

| I don't know what else will fit in. There are two power supply to
| motherboard connectors, and they look pretty ancient... I certainly
| know about College & Spadina but thanks for the other pointers.

I cannot tell for sure, but a little googling leads me to suspect that
it is just a common garden variety 200W AT switching power supply.

There might be several version of AT power connectors so take your
old supply (or even better: your whole old computer) to the store to
get the right fit.

Does the description in this page look familiar?
  http://www.pcguide.com/ref/power/sup/parts_Motherboard.htm

Is one connector labelled P8 and the other P9?

Don't hook the connectors up backwards!