restating network

Dev Guy devguy-DaQTI0RpDDMAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 17 05:10:52 UTC 2009

I am running Linux inside my Windows in VMWare =) ...let the flames begin!

OK it's a great way for me to learn Linux, but I have noticed at time Linux will have any network connection.

I know enough to use ifconfig to see if my eth0 card is up and running. Today I had to add eth0 after bootup using ipconfig, but noticed only a ipv6 address and not the ipv4 was assigned. Thus no network access for me.

So my question is how to I reinit the network so I can get internet working? I am having to reboot to fix this but it get's annoying at times.

Thanks,
Rajinder Yadav