OT: Rogers business internet transfer limits?

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 9 19:34:48 UTC 2009

Marc Lanctot wrote:
> Does anybody know what the transfer limit (in GB) per month is for their
> business internet services? Note: I'm not asking about the bandwidth.
>
> It's nowhere to be found on
> http://www.your.rogers.com/business/productsservices/internetservices/access/businessinternetaccess.asp
> and I figure I'll get the answer faster via this mailing list than by
> calling :)
>
> I'm considering Dedicated Lite to host some small web sites from..
> anybody have any complaints (I mean other than the usual bad customer
> service)?
>
> Marc

The limit depends on the service agreement, just like home users.
You'll have to call them.  Unlike Sympatico, calling Rogers support is
not painful.  They're located in Toronto and generally good.  Some of
them even speak Linux.  ;-)

My Rogers cable modem service at home is much more reliable than the
Sympatico ADSL service at work.  I also recently set up a large
installation for a customer in Toronto.  Even though the package, as a
whole, was sold by Bell, the customer insisted on using Rogers for
internet access.