OT: Rogers business internet transfer limits?

Marc Lanctot lanctot-yfeSBMgouQgsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 10 05:43:01 UTC 2009

On 09/04/09 03:34 PM, James Knott wrote:

> The limit depends on the service agreement, just like home users.

But isn't it a set limit per service, and there are only a few services?
I thought I could get an example of what to expect.. like if anybody
uses one of them, could they tell me what the limit is?

I'm kind of surprised they don't have that info on their web site... but
I guess I'll call if I have to.

> You'll
> have to call them. Unlike Sympatico, calling Rogers support is not
> painful. They're located in Toronto and generally good. Some of them
> even speak Linux. ;-)

Calling Rogers is not painful? You and I have had quite different
experiences with Rogers. I moved to Toronto in September.. I didn't have
a bill without an error on it until February. We called 2-3 times on
average per month, everyone gave us a different answer, and they were
just not helpful and not polite. Over and over we had to talk to
managers for stupid little things that they kept screwing up. Everyone
else I know who has had Rogers has reported similar experiences with
their customer service. Was a drastic change coming from Shaw in Edmonton.

But yes, I would still prefer cable over DSL any day, so we've stuck it
through with Rogers.. but I would switch to Cogeco in a heartbeat if
they offered service here -- well, maybe not a heartbeat, we'd have to
wait out our contract so as not to get nailed with penalties.

Were you referring to the Business Service people in particular?

Marc

--
C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder,
but when you do, it blows your whole leg off.