Low-end scanners with good Linux support

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 4 20:08:08 UTC 2008

I'll add to the "Canon LIDE" crowd.
I've got a "Canoscan LIDE 20"
Works great in linux. Conveniently sized. Comes with a little post to
have it oriented vertically if you want.
It's also USB-powered so there's no need to deal with messy wall-warts
or anything like that, I'm guessing that the LIDE-25 or other models
in that series are similarly featured.

I remember it was somewhat of a PITA to get working with debian due to
USB permission issues, but in Ubuntu it worked pretty much
out-of-the-box once I installed all the SANE stuff.