project: blogging software

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 27 02:10:55 UTC 2008

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 10:11 AM, JoeHill <joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> My daughter wants to set something up wherein her and her friends from school
> can share thing they've written or photos or videos, so I was thinking this
> would be a good opportunity for me to learn how to set something like this up,
> and also to keep her away from pathological cultures like MySpace ;)
>
> I'm hoping someone can recommend something that is relatively simple but would
> give me at least a beginning idea of how these things are set up from an admin
> point of view.

I've tried Wordpress and a number of other blogging and found them a
little lacking.  Recently however I started playing around with
b2evolution and have to admit I'm quite impressed.

I can't speak to any installation woes as my hosting provider has
automated the process but it looks fairly straightforward (Apache,
PHP, and MySQL IIRC)

While I use only a very small portion of the functionality it seems
that b2e could easily cover your needs.

Best of luck!
- Scott.

--