OpenOffice.org 3.0 on DVD for a non profit I volunteer for

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 23 20:37:48 UTC 2008

bob 295 wrote:
> I volunteer some of my time for the Halton Residential Solar Project.     This
> group wants to use OpenOffice.org as their office/database suite.      They
> have several Gatesware machines that they want to install OpenOffice.org on.
>
> Does anyone know a local place where this group could purchase an
> OpenOffice.org 3.0 DVD?  or they stuck with downloading that huge file to
> each machine?

You only have to download once and then share that one copy among as
many systems as you wish.  You can copy the download file to a USB
drive, CD or share across the network.  If you wish, you can even give
them a CD to take home.  You might also want to introduce them to
Firefox & Thunderbird or Seamonkey, for email & browser.