OpenOffice.org 3.0 on DVD for a non profit I volunteer for

Gary Layng glayng-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 23 20:25:40 UTC 2008

Once OO.o has been downloaded onto a single Windows machine, even if it's not
one of the Project's machines, the install file can be copied from that
machine's desktop onto a USB stick.  You can then copy it onto each Project
machine's desktop that way.  Then you can run Install whenever you're ready.

If no USB drive available, the alternative I can think of is to burn it to a
CD or DVD, but I'm not certain as to its actual size vs. a CD's capacity.

On Thursday 23 October 2008 16:32, bob 295 wrote:
> I volunteer some of my time for the Halton Residential Solar Project.
> This group wants to use OpenOffice.org as their office/database suite.
> They have several Gatesware machines that they want to install
> OpenOffice.org on.
>
> Does anyone know a local place where this group could purchase an
> OpenOffice.org 3.0 DVD?  or they stuck with downloading that huge file to
> each machine?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> bob

there's no place like 127.0.0.1