oracle? need help with installation

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 20 15:02:23 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 05:33:52PM -0400, Zbigniew Koziol wrote:
> This is Oracle Express Edition 10g (a free version, for non-commercial use).
>
> Anybody around have some idea about that beast? I guess so. I am not
> going to write to the list about technical details - that would
> probably be too boring subject for most around.
>
> Please write to me personally.
>
> I am not new to servers and databases. When however I try to resolve
> the problem I have by googling, I face the wall.
>
> Please write and I will explain in details.

I have never felt the need to even look at Oracle.

Now if they let someone package it up in a nice debian package, I might
consider it, but it seems either that isn't allowed or no one has been
nuts enough to try it yet, or I just haven't noticed it because I
haven't cared to look at Oracle in the first place.

Do they have documentation for it?  Does it work on any distribution
other than that ones they say it works on?  Does it work on the ones
they say it works on?

--
Len Sorensen