smoothwall installation issue

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 11 17:14:18 UTC 2008

Hi pals,

Got a small issue here. Have googled seriously without finding a
solution and have decided to throw it out there.

I have a new Dell Vostro 200 and I want to install smoothwall express
3.0 "polar"on it. Before the purchase, I had looked around and it
looks like supported. It arrived yesterday and it looks like I that is
not actually correct.

The installation start up well. However, just after the welcome
message, it fails with a message "No harddisk found". Of course there
is a sata hard disk in there, a Hitachi HDS721616PLA. Now, is there
like a boot flag I can use to go around this error? Or is there
anything I can do other than shipping the hardware back?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

William