Open Street Map Party and other bits...

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 14 20:06:31 UTC 2008

On 10/14/08, Matt Middleton <matt-oC+CK0giAiYdmIl+iVs3AywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hi Colin,
>
> I won't be able to make it for the TLUG meeting tonight after all, but
> thanks very much for offering to let me test my laptop with your GPS
> unit.  I'm going to try and make it for the mapping party, so
> hopefully I'll get a chance to test my laptop with a similar unit there.

Well, I will bring my GPS with me to tonight's GTALug meeting should
anyone else want to test their laptop against the Microsoft GPS
receiver. Just bring along your laptop, plus make sure the following
programs are installed:

- gpsd - GPS receiver driver program.
- xgps - GPS display program that shows list of currently visible GPS satelites,
               current lat./lon., etc.. Good quick test to make sure
gpsd is working.

Colin McGregor