OT: 14" & 15" Monitors

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 14 02:20:47 UTC 2008

On 11/12/08, John Moniz <john.moniz-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Do these have any use for any organizations any more? The alternative is
> the recycling depot.

Get in touch with Robert Maguire at Canada Geeks - rtlm1950-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
. This is a group that is putting old systems into the hands of folks
who would not be able to afford computers. Last weekend they sent out
48 machines, a number I know well, as I did a series brief
introductory leasons on Ubuntu to those who were getting the used
machines :-) .

The Canada Geeks folks also have deals going with scrap dealers, so if
a piece of equipment is total useless they can still get a few cents
per pound to support the work they are doing...

Bottom line, 14" & 15" monitors might not be top priority for the
Canada Geeks folks, but they would be interested in them.

Colin McGregor