Chosing cheap desktop: recommendation?

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo arifsaha-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 13 01:26:29 UTC 2008

Hi,

I would like to find a cheap desktop for playing with Fedora 9
and Centos 5. Because the "cheap" requirement, I don't think I
can get it by chosing each parts separately and configure it
into a system. Beside I probably don't have the time. :-) So I
looked into the choices from Canada Computers and wonder which
one will have good compatibility with linux? I listed the
choices below. Note: Serenity is Canada Computers' own brand, I
know some model have Biostar motherboard but not sure if all of
them are.

  - Serenity T1150, AMD Sempron LE-1150 2GHz, nVidia nForce 630a
/ GeForce 7050 chipset.
  - Serenity T1100, AMD Athlon 64 3200+, apparently some Via
chipset (S3 UniChrome Graphics).
  - Shuttle K45PC, Intel Celeron Dual-Core E1200, Intel 945GC /
ICH7 chipset.
  - Serenity T1080, Intel Celeron Dual-Core E1200. Intel 945GC /
ICH7 Chipset.

(from
http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=cpl&id=170.45&sort=3)

Any suggestion?

BTW, suggestion to other option to get such computers are
welcome, too. Although getting it from Canada Computers is
somewhat preferred at this point.

Thanks!

--
                              (stephan paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo