Alternative WM on Xubuntu? or other lightweight distro?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 11 15:23:13 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 06:50:53PM -0500, Walter Dnes wrote:
>   This reminds me of a few years ago when PAM was default on Gentoo.  As
> far as security settings were concerned "everything you know is wrong".
> RTFM doesn't work when sttings made in PAM totally override settings
> made in the standard config file listed in the man page.  I switched off
> PAM as soon as someone pointed me to the HOWTO page on the Gentoo Wiki.

On the other hand keeping all authentication settings in one place
rather than spread throughout lots of config files is a rather good
idea.

Sometimes what you know isn't the best solution and spending a little
effort can be worth it.  Once you stop being willing to learn new ways,
you become obsolete.

--
Len Sorensen