USB Wireless card recommendations?

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Nov 4 04:21:43 UTC 2008

On 11/3/08, William O'Higgins Witteman <william.ohiggins-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I'm looking for a USB wireless card, preferably small, that will work
> under a kernel that is not *too* cutting edge.  Any suggestions?
> --
>
> yours,
>
> William

A point to be aware of is the way models can ... change. I want
looking for an 802.11G USB wireless adapter a number of months back. I
did my research and found that the TRENDnet TEW-424UB was well
supported under Linux, so I bought one. When I got it home it didn't
work. A bit of research later turned up that there have been multiple
versions of the TRENDnet TEW-424UB. Version 1 is very well supported
under Linux. Version 2 (what I have) internally is TOTALLY different,
and while it can be made to work under Linux using ndiswrapper, it is
... ugly. I know there have been post version 2 models, and I don't
know the details there...

Colin McGregor