P.H.P. and Python

Ian Petersen ispeters-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri May 2 13:55:07 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Tyler Aviss <tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>  Nowadays we have stuff like AJAX (now *that* is a framework),

Perhaps I'm straying OT here, but I'd disagree--AJAX is a buzzword (or
a cleaning product) but that's it.  If you want to be generous, AJAX
might be a technique--a trick you can lean on to get a job done.
There are frameworks that make it easier to "do" AJAX by hiding
browser incompatibilities and the "messiness" of Javascript, but they
have names like Dojo, GWT, Atlas, and Scriptaculous, although I'm not
sure what the difference is between a well developed library and a
framework.  Perhaps GWT is a framework because it includes libraries
and tools (it includes a Java-to-Javascript compiler), whereas
Scriptaculous is pretty much just a library, I think.

Ian

--
Tired of pop-ups, security holes, and spyware?
Try Firefox: http://www.getfirefox.com