Keyboard not working - Kubuntu 6.06

Alex Beamish talexb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri May 2 13:49:09 UTC 2008

Herb,

At $work, we have NFS mounted home directories, which means that my
workstation (dual core w/2G RAM) is more or less useless when the NFS
server gets busy. The mouse continues to move, but I cannot switch
workspaces (Windowmaker) by clicking. The keyboard produces nothing.

Eventually, the NFS server has some spare cycles again and then the
text I entered explodes onto the screen and the mouse events are
handled in very rapid succession.

I don't know if this is similar to your experience, or if the keyboard
really does cut out. Just thought I'd mention it.

Alex