Creating a mount point for Windows shares with Mandriva 2008

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 27 14:15:59 UTC 2008

Just a little confused here.
Is this a mountpoint on your 'nix box to mount shares from an XP box
(windows share mounted on 'nix)
Or a samba mountpoint to mount on the XP box (samba share mounted on XP)?

Looks like it's the first one, but I'm just checking. In that case,
how about if you mount+browser manually from console (mount -t smbs)
or via something like sm4k?

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 11:35 AM, Clive DaSilva <cdasilva-q6EoVN9bke6w5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hello
>
>  I ran into a weird problem when I upgraded my Linux box from Mandriva
>  2007 to 2008. Using Mandriva Control Centre, I tried to create a mount
>  point on the Linux box for my Windows XP shares (worked fine in Mandriva
>  2007) to that I can attach documents to my email postings on the Linux
>  box. The procedure keeps failing when I try to create the link in MCC. I
>  know that Samba is running properly as I can access the shares via
>  Konqueror with smb:\\whatever the name is\my documents.
>  The bugzilla reporting window came up, and I reported this as a bug as
>  apparently the Diskdrake program crashed.
>
>  Have any of you Mandriva users out there had this problem?
>
>  --
>  Clive DaSilva CMA
>  Tel:  416-421-2480
>  Cell: 416-560-8820
>
>  --
>  The Toronto Linux Users Group.      Meetings: http://gtalug.org/
>  TLUG requests: Linux topics, No HTML, wrap text below 80 columns

Tyler Aviss
Systems Support
LPIC/LPIC-2
(647) 302-0942