Looking for Computer Parts store run by Jawas

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 7 19:09:57 UTC 2008

--- Tyler Aviss <tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> In that case, you should share, some of the rest of
> us like playing
> with fun odds-and-ends too :-)
>
> Alternately, perhaps during a meeting we can also
> gather with boxes of
> our various bits-and-pieces. I've accumulated all
> sorts of fun stuff
> that might be useful to somebody else (or to me if I
> had the requisite
> other "fun stuff"), and I'm sure many others have
> treasure troves of
> their own...

Well, that is what I have been doing at quite a few
GTALug meetings. This coming meeting I was planning to
bring in the following (and possibly one or two other
goodies):

- ISA modem card (speed unknown, untested).
- Promise ISA LS-120 controller card.
- Allied Telesis AIX to 10 Base 2 network adapter
- ASUS P3V4X motherboard manual.

All of the above are useless to me, but maybe someone
who loves old hardware could have fun with.

I am looking for a case backplate to support a 15 pin
analog joystick. I have a motherboard with a connector
on it to support a 15 pin joystick. I have the cable
that can run from the motherboard and terminates in a
DB-15 style connector. I just don't have an
appropriate metal plate to fit that into the back of
my PC (well, I have a plate with multiple connector
holes, one being a DB-15, I want a plate with JUST a
DB-15 hole)...

I hope my bits can help someone and I would love one
of the noted metal plates.

Colin McGregor