Looking for Computer Parts store run by Jawas

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 7 19:25:38 UTC 2008

Colin McGregor wrote:

> I am looking for a case backplate to support a 15 pin
> analog joystick. I have a motherboard with a connector
> on it to support a 15 pin joystick. I have the cable
> that can run from the motherboard and terminates in a
> DB-15 style connector. I just don't have an
> appropriate metal plate to fit that into the back of
> my PC (well, I have a plate with multiple connector
> holes, one being a DB-15, I want a plate with JUST a
> DB-15 hole)...

ARRGGHHH!!!!

There is no such thing as a "DB-15" connector.  You're referring to a
"DA-15" connector.  The 1st letter refers to the connector shell type.
The 2nd letter refers to the shell size and the number is the pin
quantity.  Look up the data sheets from Cannon or Amp for further info
or read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-subminiature
http://www.epanorama.net/documents/connector/dconnector.html