Internet Radio Receivers?

Julian C. Dunn lists-JN5fZfbfKAtWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 30 12:28:09 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-06-28 at 19:11 -0400, phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org wrote:
> Has anyone in this group purchased an internet radio receiver? I'd like to
> find one with an ethernet connection (ie, not wireless) and audio out
> jacks that I can plug into a conventional audio power amplifier.
>
> Bay-Bloor radio has some units, one of which has 7 audio output channels
> with nearly a kilowatt of output power. That seems like overkill for a
> home-office background music system ;).
>
> Comments on music quality would also be useful.
>
> Most of these things seem to be Linux based, so I assume it's OK to ask
> this question here...

One of the audio systems guys at work bought one of these recently:

http://www.chumby.com/

It looks pretty decent, and the fidelity is quite good. It can decode
MP3 and Ogg Vorbis streams, and as you can see from the homepage, has a
gazillion other features.

- Julian

--
[ Julian C. Dunn <jdunn-JN5fZfbfKAtWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org>          * Sorry, I'm    ]