Recovery procedures of NTFS filesystem

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 30 11:37:28 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I just did a very damn mistake. I really can believe I can do such a
silly mistake.  I was attempting to set a dual boot on a system with
two hard disk . Some how, I wasn´t careful enough and when it came to
time to point the installer to the destination hard disk, I did the
reverse. I only came to learn of the mistake when I got the error that
their is not enough space.

Now, I have a hard disk that had a NTFS file system but now has ext3
file system. I don´t think the installer dumped the operating system
on it. Is there any possibility or recovering the data from this disk?
What would be the best tools and procedure to undertake such a
recovery? I really did mess myself big here and would really
appreaciate any help.

Regards,
William