google weighs in on bell throttling

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 9 02:24:39 UTC 2008

Andrej Marjan wrote:
> Frankly, it's not surprising that Rogers is doing this much better than Bell.
> In my experience, Bell is an embodiment of incompetence and belligerent
> disdain for their customers. Sometimes it feels like Bell reps go out of
> their way to provide poor service.

The customer reps -- who are outsourced to somewhere on the other side
of the world -- don't have much to work with. Anything that deviates
from specific scripts and decision trees requires long waits and often
shrugged shoulders, but I can't take it out on the poor folks at the
other end of the line.

Having said that, Bell is indeed an incredible source of frustration and
occasional you-can't-get-there-from-here answers. As the "computer guy"
for a number of friends and family members, and sometimes at client
sites, I find myself occasionally debugging Bell setups. The experience
is routinely ghastly, reminding me that, as bad as Rogers can sometimes
be, it could be much worse.

- Evan