State of Palm <-> Linux syncing

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 28 21:21:44 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 03:00:58PM -0500, Neil Watson wrote:
> What's the state of Palm and Linux syncing these days.  I've tried
> jpilot but the rhythm method of plugging in the device, starting jpilot,
> pressing the PDA sync and then jpilot's sync all at the right time is
> not reasonable to me.  I also tried kpilot but all syncs fail using
> that.  Is there no reliable method?

I managed to get pilotlink to do most of my Palm Tungsten E although a
few apps won't sync, and when trying to do a complete restore some
things don't make it leaving it a bit weird to work with.

The lack of specs on the palm and it's sync protocol and hence the lousy
support in linux is the main reason I really haven't looked at my Palm
in the last 6 months or so.  It's just too difficult to keep synced if
you don't run windows.

--
Len Sorensen