State of Palm <-> Linux syncing

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 28 21:58:30 UTC 2008

On Jan 28, 2008 8:00 PM, Neil Watson <tlug-neil-8agRmHhQ+n2CxnSzwYWP7Q at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> What's the state of Palm and Linux syncing these days.  I've tried
> jpilot but the rhythm method of plugging in the device, starting jpilot,
> pressing the PDA sync and then jpilot's sync all at the right time is
> not reasonable to me.  I also tried kpilot but all syncs fail using
> that.  Is there no reliable method?

I have pretty good results with jPilot...

As mentioned elsewhere in the thread, your system won't start mounting
the USB device until you press "Sync" on the Palm, and it commonly
takes a second or two for that to "stabilize," so you certainly do
need a bit of good timing.  But it hasn't required anything
over-omniscient, in my experience...

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and
expecting different results."  -- assortedly attributed to Albert
Einstein, Benjamin Franklin, Rita Mae Brown, and Rudyard Kipling