Error correction with aes-looback / cryptoloop?

Ian Petersen ispeters-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 27 03:55:21 UTC 2008

You could look at EncFS: http://www.arg0.net/encfs.  It's a FUSE
filesystem, and it encrypts your files on top of a normal filesystem,
so a one bit error would cost you one file, rather than one device.
On the other hand, it _is_ a bit slower than some other means of
encrypting a filesystem.  I think the homepage includes a discussion
of the tradeoffs.  I use EncFS for my personal financial data (GnuCash
files, and so on), and it works great for me.  I'm not sure how you'd
automagically mount it at boot time, though, but whatever system
you're using for your existing setup might work with EncFS, too.

Ian

--
Tired of pop-ups, security holes, and spyware?
Try Firefox: http://www.getfirefox.com