Error correction with aes-looback / cryptoloop?

Mike Oliver moliver-fC0AHe2n+mcIvw5+aKnW+Pd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 27 02:49:10 UTC 2008

I have a laptop on which I would like to put my
$HOME directory on an encrypted partition, in case
someone were to steal it in an airport or something.
I've been experimenting with using an encrypted
loop device using the cryptoloop module and AES128
encryption.

It seems to work fine, but I'm not so happy about the
thought that a one-bit HDD error could make me lose the
entire partition.  I was wondering if anyone knows whether
any of the available encryption options use error
correction, so as to greatly mitigate this possibility?
I would happily accept a 10% file size increase for
this purpose.