Dovecot not honouring /etc/aliases

Mon Feb 25 20:24:47 UTC 2008

I am using a Postfix/Dovecot setup on Debian stable, and it works just
fine for regular virtual users, but I am finding that mail for root and
postmaster, which should go to a specified address, is instead getting
delivered to the virtual root user.

It appears that Postfix is handing everything to Dovecot, and Dovecot
sees root at localdomain and delivers it to /home/vmail/localdomain/root
rather than the user at localdomain that I specified in /etc/aliases.

I have been sure to run newaliases, and restart the relevant services,
but it is still not working.  Any tips?

Thanks.
--

yours,