Ubuntu 7.10 and COmpiz

Jose jtc-vS8X3Ji+8Wg6e3DpGhMbh2oLBQzVVOGK at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 21 00:21:38 UTC 2008

Kristian Erik Hermansen wrote:
> On Feb 19, 2008 6:32 PM, Jose <jtc-vS8X3Ji+8Wg6e3DpGhMbh2oLBQzVVOGK at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> I have upgraded my home computer from 7.04 to 7.10, and everything
>> worked ok, I wanted to try the compiz thing, and I uploaded the
>> packages, including the core, manager, plugins. I also configured my ATI
>> Radeon x1600 crad with the latest driver from ATI, and the screen
>> manager shows
>> me that my graphic card is fglrx, I had to disabled thie driver from the
>> black list file, but I can't turn on the special effects, it keeps
>> telling me that it can't enable them, not even the basic ones, I can see
>> the compiz manager configured already but it's not working.
>>
>> Not sure if the ATI drives are properly configured, as I still see MESA
>> when I run the fglxinfo program.
>>
>> Any advice would be welcome
>
> On Ubuntu, if your card is supported by the drivers in the
> repositories, all you need to do is this...
> $ sudo resticted-manager
> ...now check the box for your video card, modprobe, and restart Xorg
> (or just reboot)
> System -> Preferences -> Appearance -> Visual Effects

Hi

I can see on the restricted section that it's say the drive is enabled
and I only had to check the checkbox to enable it, after rebooting, I go
to appearance section, then visual effects and I keep getting that the
effects could not be enable message, I have looked on the logs, but
nothing is showing up, any other idea I could try?

Thanks again