Ubuntu 7.10 and COmpiz

Jose jtc-vS8X3Ji+8Wg6e3DpGhMbh2oLBQzVVOGK at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 20 02:32:26 UTC 2008

Hi list,

I have upgraded my home computer from 7.04 to 7.10, and everything
worked ok, I wanted to try the compiz thing, and I uploaded the
packages, including the core, manager, plugins. I also configured my ATI
Radeon x1600 crad with the latest driver from ATI, and the screen
manager shows
me that my graphic card is fglrx, I had to disabled thie driver from the
black list file, but I can't turn on the special effects, it keeps
telling me that it can't enable them, not even the basic ones, I can see
the compiz manager configured already but it's not working.

Not sure if the ATI drives are properly configured, as I still see MESA
when I run the fglxinfo program.

Any advice would be welcome

Thanks

Jose