NFS server - /proc/net/rpc/nfsd

Rob Sutherland sutherland_rob-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 19 18:02:15 UTC 2008

I'm trying to nail down an NFS problem that seems to
be related to load and one of the recommendations in
the NFS Howto is to increase the number of NFS server
instances, which are currently at the default, 8.
Anyone have a rule of thumb for the number of
instances?

The Howto also recommends looking at the statistics in
the /proc/net/rpc/nfsd file. I'm not really sure how
to interperet these numbers, can anyone point me to an
explanation?

Thanks,

Rob

Rob Sutherland