Debian unstable upgrade

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 20 17:42:39 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 19 February 2008 22:48, asdf wrote:

> Could also be that "unstable" is currently broken at the moment, I've had
> that happen to me in the past often enough - guess that's why it's called
> "unstable"! :)

Thanks Salman,  that never occurred to me.  I guess that it is because I
didn't have this experience before.  Upgrades have just worked.

I did add 'experimental'  once,  never did a dist-upgrade, I just wanted one
package and hoped it would work.  I don't remember now if it did or I ended
up compiling the application.  I'm not savvy enough to get out of minor
problems let alone some major ones, I''ll leave experimental to the
experimenters.

Thanks all

--
Merv Curley