Help getting mutt and ssmtp to use non-default "From:" address

Walter Dnes walterdnes-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 11 04:34:43 UTC 2008

My current remote inbox at cotse.net has problems with email from
tlug.  I've unsubscribed my regular waltdnes.org email address, and
subscribed my Gmail address.  Google allows me to POP email directly
from their server, and into my mutt Maildir.  So far so good.

The problem is that I can't send as my_email_address-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org from my
home machine.  No matter what I do, the "From:" always comes out as
waltdnes aht-sign waltdnes dot org, when I send a test message to my
dialup account.  What do I have to tweak?

I've now dropped my standards, and am using web-mail (bleaghh) to send
this post to the list.  I hope it comes through as text, rather than
cutsie HTML or RTF.