Guys :) Talk about great small laptops whatya think about this one :)

Julian C. Dunn lists-JN5fZfbfKAtWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 12 04:23:12 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 16:51 -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 08:52:40PM +0000, Christopher Browne wrote:
> > I use bluetooth to connect keyboards to PDAs.  That shouldn't be
> > necessary with a laptop.  Presumably there are also bluetooth mice.
>
> There was.  They seem to have mostly disappeared again.  I forget what
> the reason was but I think it was pretty unreliable.
>
> > The other main use tends to be to give a laptop access to an Internet
> > link being provided by a cell phone.
>
> Sounds expensive. :)

It basically just turns your cell phone into an EV-DO modem... which
isn't too bad (particularly if you have a corporate data plan :-) :-) )

I've also used Bluetooth to poke at the cell phone's filesystem itself,
etc. - basically works the same as if you connected a USB cable, but
damned if I can ever find that thing.

- Julian

--
[ Julian C. Dunn <jdunn-JN5fZfbfKAtWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org>  *  "You can throw confetti,   ]