w2k/u7.10 dual-boot

chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 4 04:35:38 UTC 2008

Kristian Erik Hermansen writes:

<snip>

> Seems your card should be supported in Gutsy since it ships with the
> ALSA version said to be working in the thread below...

I think you gave me the wrong link. That link takes me to something about
'Ubuntu Studio' (whatever that is) and the suggestion that alsa drivers
1.0.14rc4 will make the emu1212m pci card work. I've been trying that and
the best it got was the card showing up in alsamixer but the 'Items' (a.k.a.
Devices) that have capture capability (i.e the ones which give you a red 'L
CAPTUR R' below the level control) had no level control present above them.
I never could get a signal for recording. So, I'm assuming that means I had
partial functionality with the alsa drivers 1.0.14rc. The worst it got was
installing one of the alsa drivers then having apt-get suggest I run
'apt-get -f install' (with no package name) and having it then delete many
many applications. If asked me before it did it - but I assumed it was doing
this all for the good cause of making the emu1212m work under ubuntu 7.10,
which it di not.

Thanks for your effort.

Chris

<snip>