Rogers speed test sites

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 1 03:39:27 UTC 2008

I didn't know if this has been mentioned here before, but in a recent
support call I was told that Rogers maintains two websites that one can
use to test their network speed.

If you have Java (on my Ubuntu system I used the packages
"sun-java6-bin" and "sun-java6-plugin"):
http://speedcheck.rogers.com
The nice thing about this site is that it measures speed to Rogers' own
servers, and it shows how close your speed is to the service levels
you're supposed to be getting. In the "Enter Session Name" field just
enter "test" and the hit "click to start".

If you don't have Java and/or don't use Rogers as your ISP, try
http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest
and pick New York as your server.

- Evan