Rogers speed test sites

Aaron Vegh aaronvegh-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 1 03:49:56 UTC 2008

Thanks for the link. I use speedtest.net, which provides a much
prettier interface AND a test server in Toronto, although the numbers
aren't as high as for the Rogers test (9.74Mbps vs. 8.34Mbps).
However, it's probably a more realistic test of the speeds you'll see
in the real world, since most of the network connections I perform are
outside of Rogers' network...

Cheers,
Aaron.

On Jan 31, 2008 10:39 PM, Evan Leibovitch <evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I didn't know if this has been mentioned here before, but in a recent
> support call I was told that Rogers maintains two websites that one can
> use to test their network speed.
>
> If you have Java (on my Ubuntu system I used the packages
> "sun-java6-bin" and "sun-java6-plugin"):
> http://speedcheck.rogers.com
> The nice thing about this site is that it measures speed to Rogers' own
> servers, and it shows how close your speed is to the service levels
> you're supposed to be getting. In the "Enter Session Name" field just
> enter "test" and the hit "click to start".
>
> If you don't have Java and/or don't use Rogers as your ISP, try
> http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest
> and pick New York as your server.
>
> - Evan

Aaron Vegh, Principal