ReiserFS: Was: Hans Reiser Guilty of First Degree Murder

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 30 13:01:37 UTC 2008

As Mr. Reiser was being found guilty of murder, his file system became
corrupted on my Suse linux machine. (I assume, but have no proof, that
those two events are unrelated ;).

My ham-fisted attempts at recovery totally destroyed the file system.
Fortunately, I had backups - and this gave me an excuse to upgrade to
newer hardware and operating system. (Question for the great Oooohm of the
universe: why the *%(^@#$ in these new GUI driven systems do they make it
so difficult to find Xterm?)

Anyway, on the basis of previous experience with extfs I got the
impression that extfs was somewhat more tolerant and recoverable from
errors. Any observations or comments from the group on that?

Peter

--
Peter Hiscocks
Syscomp Electronic Design Limited, Toronto