OT: where to buy eBox 4300

Andrew Malcolmson andzy-bYF1QM81rroS+FvcfC7Uqw at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 10 16:35:06 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 03:05:35PM -0400, Peter King wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 11:57:40AM -0400, Andrew Malcolmson wrote:
>
> > Anyone know of an Ontario or Canadian source for one of these?
> >
> > http://www.linuxdevices.com/articles/AT4708024578.html
>
> This looks like Just What I've Been Waiting For. Did you ever find an
> Ontarian/Canadian source?

As I look I'm finding more and more (mostly not Canadian) sources for
both desktop and network appliance type ultra-low power, small, silent
devices.  Built-in CF card to IDE adapter for using flash storage
instead of hard drives seems to be a trend.

A Toronto company Koolu sells 2 models of little silent AMD Geode based
boxes.  I bought the 'Flash Appliance' with 1G non-removable flash
storage - mostly intended as a thin client - which I'm running Damn
Small Linux on now.

http://shop.koolu.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3

This on-line retailer does mini-PC sales

www.minipc.ca

This Ottawa-area on-line store specializes in networking oriented
devices (i.e fewer or no USB, extra ethernet or mini-PCI slots for
wireless cards, usually no VGA)

http://www.xagyl.com/