syncing data across machines automatically

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 11 14:37:05 UTC 2008

I have a friend who wants to synchronize data across three machines:
two Intel-based, one running Fedora, one running Ubuntu, and the final
machine running Solaris 10 on an Ultra 60.  I initially recommended
rsync which I use to update my domain hosting site.  But I'm not sure
rsync is the answer when data is generated on all three machines and
will preferably be synced to the other two on a regular basis
automatically (cron job).  How to do this securely is beyond me.  The
friend is in the state of Georgia and I won't be laying hands on the
machines myself: but he's quite good at reading manuals and working
with computers.  However we're in dire need of pointers.  Thanks!

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/
gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org