semi-pro PCI snd crd for linux

Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 4 16:52:47 UTC 2007

Chris Aitken wrote:
> Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 10:00:19AM -0400, Chris Aitken wrote:
>>
>>> i went there and don't see the picture...
>>> http://www.creative.com/products/welcome.asp?category=13
>>>

>> www.emu.com, products, upgrades & accesories, stereo Y adapter cable.
>>

>>> Unless the adaptor is TRS as well?
>>>

>> A single TRS port is one channel.
> I'm glad you put it that way. This is what I don't get. The way I
> understand TRS is that it is stereo in /one/ plug. Tip, Ring, Sleeve
> represents left and right channels going through one cable. So, your
> statement, "A single TRS port is one channel" doesn't make sense to me.
Creative.com echoes this contradiction by describing "Two 1/4" balanced
inputs [and outputs]". I thought the "balanced" part of the equation is
that there are /two/ of them, not that /each/ one is "balanced". Isn't
there a left and a right, together making "stereo" or "balanced"? Sorry
to be so thick.

Chris

<snip>