semi-pro PCI snd crd for linux

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 4 14:52:48 UTC 2007

www.emu.com, products, upgrades & accesories, stereo Y adapter cable.

> Unless the adaptor is TRS as well?

A single TRS port is one channel.  Left or right.  You need to connect
your speakers to both the left and right channels of one output meaning
two plugs.

> As you know, my card is working now. If you think 1.0.14 will be better
> I'll install it. As you can see below I tried to use yum to install it
> (and avoid rpm dependency hell). Any suggestions?

Well until someone packages it for the distribution it is hard to
install that way.

> [chris at p733 ~]$ su
> Password:
> [root at p733 chris]# yum install alsa-firmware-1.0.14
> Setting up Install Process
> Parsing package install arguments
> Nothing to do
> [root at p733 chris]# exit
> exit
> [chris at p733 ~]$ rpm -i Desktop/alsa*.rpm
> warning: Desktop/alsa-firmware-1.0.14-0.pm.0.noarch.rpm: Header V3 DSA
> signature: NOKEY, key ID 5277a2fa
> error: Failed dependencies:
>        alsa >= 1.0.14 is needed by alsa-firmware-1.0.14-0.pm.0.noarch
>        hotplug is needed by alsa-firmware-1.0.14-0.pm.0.noarch
> [chris at p733 ~]$ man rpm

Whoever packaged that screwed up.  Hotplug is obsolete and not used
anymore.  udev is the modern method.

In your case the firmware files could just be installed manually, and if
you ever get a hold of an alsa-firmware package for fedora, it will just
overwrite the files.  I believe the firmware file is required to make
the card fully functional.

--
Len Sorensen