OT:Tigerdirect.ca prices

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 18 19:55:50 UTC 2007

--- Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org>
wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 14, 2007 at 08:11:53PM -0400, Colin
> McGregor wrote:
> > For most stuff your right, the stores around
> College
> > and Spadina are normally cheaper than TigerDirect.
>

> > There are some exceptions, a few months ago I
> bought a
> > home theater PC case from the Tiger Direct shop in
> > Etobicoke. Now good looking home theater cases are
> > bit of a specialty item (i.e. most of the College
> /
> > Spadina shops DON'T carry them). Of the few shops
> > around that do, at least at the time Tiger Direct
> was
> > the least expensive option.
> >
> > As with all things, it is a case of buyer beware.
> SOME
> > good deals to be found at Tiger Direct, BUT....
>
> Well for home theatre cases, I would recomend a
> silverstone case (which
> isn't cheap) but is carried by canada computers.  I
> really like my
> LC16M.  Nice solid case, lots of room, looks good,
> great features, and
> solid enough to dampen whatever noise the machine
> makes.

Yes, I bought a Silverstone LC13-B case from Tiger
Direct, nice case and at the time I bought it Tiger
Direct was cheaper than Canada Computers. Granted, not
a cheap case in more ways than one...

> Most of what tiger direct sells is junk (in my
> opinion).  They have a
> few decent parts, but usually at a higher price than
> the better places
> have it for.

Well, as with all things, it is a case of buyer
beware. At least with Tiger Direct, they do have a
nicely laid out website so you can quickly check
prices and see how they compare on prices against the
other shops...

Colin McGregor