portrait mode monitor (AND)

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 16 19:13:12 UTC 2007

On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 12:34:42AM -0500, Jamon Camisso wrote:
> You'd want to have a go with xrandr for that. Probably best to setup
> each monitor with TwinView enabled as well to separate the metamodes
> for them to give you more control over each individual monitor. I'm not
> really sure how you'd do that with 4 monitors though.

Well xrandr can only do rotate if the driver supports it.

xinerama should support more than 2 monitors, while twinview only works
on a single video card, so for more than two screens using more than one
video card twinview should probably not be used, but the xinerama
capable mode of the nvidia drivers would be better letting X manage
everything instead.

--
Len Sorensen